Applied Information is a technology company headquartered in Suwanee, GA (North Atlanta) with satellite locations in Texas, Colorado, and the Northeast. Applied Information’s business is primarily focused on the Intelligent Transportation System industry, and manufactures hardware along with providing software applications. Traffic devices include preempt and priority systems, and flashing school timer switches, to name but a few. The company’s Glance Smart City Supervisory system allows cities to manage all their traffic and ITS assets under one, easy-to-use web-based application. Applied Information’s new Glance TravelSafely is a smartphone application using cutting edge technology to make cities smarter and citizens safer.
Sales Engineer – Applied Information – Dallas TX and Atlanta GA
We are looking for a skilled, talented and motivated individual with an electrical background along with good customer service skills to provide sales support, training, and technical support for customers (both telephonic and in the field).
Applied Information is looking to fill two positions:
- Sales Engineer – Dallas / Houston TX
- Sales Engineer – Atlanta GA
- Support sales department with basic project management
- Evaluate specific project requirements and make integration recommendations
- Have good electrical common sense and be able to solve technical problems
- Act as the technical point of contact with customers to describe and articulate how the company’s technology will be deployed in various applications
- Handle configuration and data entry: using customer specs, choose business names, locations, device types, time zones etc.
- Manage integration and first stage deployment process, both on site and remotely.
- Work with external parties to resolve technical integration issues.
- Be responsible for distributor and customer product training
- Handle device installation training and on-site installation assistance
- Develop technical documentation in support of project deployments.
- Practical electrical knowledge and skills
- Good customer service, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- The desire to work with customers on a technical and training level
- Project leadership skills
- Understanding of testing and quality processes, procedures, and documentation systems
- Capable of working independently and completing tasks on schedule
- Self-motivated but also able to follow directions carefully and thrive as part of a team.
- BSEE a plus
- ITS Industry experience a plus
- Project Management a plus
For the Atlanta based position, please send your resume to Sue Picken at email@example.com
For the Texas based position please send your resume to Jeff O’Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org