How Smartphones Can Improve Traffic Safety
POSTED ON: December 6, 2018
Over the past seven years, smartphone ownership has more than doubled from 35 percent to 77 percent of the U.S. population, according to Statista. The… Continue Reading
TravelSafely Radio: Eric Tanenblatt
POSTED ON: November 29, 2018
On a recent episode of Applied Information’s radio show, TravelSafely, CEO and host Bryan Mulligan spoke with guest Eric Tanenblatt, Global Chair of Public Policy… Continue Reading
How to Identify and Address Power Problems at Intersections
POSTED ON: November 15, 2018
Traffic and pedestrian signals rely on the power grid, so it’s not uncommon for signals to go dark or experience power failures. Often, these power… Continue Reading
Flashing School Beacon Systems
Flashing School Beacon systems are critical to safety but can be difficult to maintain. The Glance Pedestrian Safety and Control System is a simple, non-intrusive solution that connects your assets and adds a new dimension of management for your infrastructure.
- Easily view and control school beacon flashers
- Advanced scheduling, scenarios, and override
- Complete speed feedback systems
Next Generation Priority and Preemption
Traffic signal preemption requests are critical to ensuring that emergency vehicles are able to arrive on scene as fast as possible. The Glance Preemption and Priority System combines cellular, radio transmission, and GPS technology into one, easy to use tool.
- Monitor the location and status of vehicles at all times
- GPS with dead reckoning mitigates any low signal areas
- Simple rules-based engine makes configuration simple and easy
Intersection Status and Monitoring Systems
Managing and monitoring intersections can be challenging. The Glance Intersection Status Monitoring System is a simple, non-intrusive solution that connects your assets and adds a new dimension of management and use to your infrastructure.
- Automated and continuous monitoring
- Reduce downtime and improve response rates
- Instant status change notification via SMS/Email